The Importance of Living Enzymes
Living Enzymes are essential to the existence of all living organisms. A natural, unprocessed raw diet is the best way to replenish your pet's enzymes for optimum health and wellbeing.
Living Enzymes are essential to the existence of all living organisms. These complex proteins catalyze chemical reactions within the body to restore, repair and maintain health.
Three types of vital enzymes in a dog's body include...
- Digestive Enzymes such as protease, lipase, cellulase and amylase which break down proteins, fatty acids, starch, carbohydrates and fiber and promote a healthy digestive tract.
- Cellular enzymes which are responsible for metabolizing and processing waste in the body.
- Antioxidants which help to protect cells from oxidation; the process contributing to the development of degenerative diseases and premature aging.
Animals replenish enzymes by eating raw unprocessed foods in their diet. Once food is cooked or processed, the living enzymes are destroyed. When living enzymes are not introduced by an outside source, it is up to the pancreas to produce them. This is a burden to the pancreas, as it is already working hard to produce insulin. If the pancreas is unable to produce a sufficient amount of enzymes, exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) can occur. EPI is very dangerous and results in improper absorption of vitamins and minerals. This leads to painful gastrointestinal symptoms, malnutrition and poor overall health.
|Good health is impossible without living enzymes|
In addition to digestion, living enzymes are responsible for...
- Improving immune function and promoting normal cell growth.
- Reducing inflammation related to allergies, skin conditions and arthritis.
- Removing toxins and waste from the body.
- Regulating hormones.
- Improving absorption and utilizing nutrients.
- Providing a renewed sense of vitality.
Certain medications, chemical exposure, foods high in sugar and starch, increased stress levels, a compromised immune system and the aging process all contribute to the depletion of living enzymes in the body. Enzymes must be restored by the diet or supplementation to ensure good health and prevent complications. An all natural, raw diet such as the BARF World, Inc.® diet, has all the living enzymes your dog requires to live a long, healthy life. Click Here to learn more about BARF World, Inc.® products and to order yours today!
Stephanie is a Registered Nurse and proud mother of 4 who has always loved animals and the purity and beauty they bring into the world. She enjoys researching current trends and evidence-based practice in the pet industry and relating it to the healthcare industry for humans. She has passion in discovering new-found knowledge with other pet owners like herself.
"BARF®" is our acronym that means Biologically Appropriate Raw Food. It is a complete and carefully balanced blend of raw meat, fruits, vegetables and bone. Our formula mimics what nature has designed our pet's to thrive on in the wild. The result is a pet free of allergies, digestive problems, and full of life!